recore or new radiator? 70 dart slant/6

-

73dart360

Reaction score
I have a 70 dart 225 slant/6 i have the original raadiator ,I do like the look of the original ,is it cheaper to have it recored or buy a new one, I dont want the aluminum look ,any suggestions on wheree to buy one if not recore

Depends if you are into originality, or not. I would recore the original.

I assume it's a stock slant 6 radiator? 19" or whatever that size is? If so, unless you're trying to go full original restoration, I wouldn't re-core it. Those are wimpy radiators.
If you want to keep the stock-ish look get an early 70s 22" Mopar radiator and re-core it. It will bolt right in.
If you don't care about the look just get an aluminum one and call it a day

Why base what you want to do on money? If you always do what's cheaper, you will possibly end up with a pile of ****.

you could always paint an aluminum one black if not a fan of the aluminum look thats what ive been looking into myself

I did the swap on my wife's car. Went with a used A body 22" radiator and had it re-cored.

Idles all day in the heat with no overheating issues.

Great upgrade IMO

If you can get past the don't-like-aluminum issue, I put a Champion 22" small block radiator on my 66 slant. It required some creativity finding the right radiator hoses, but it works very well. The temp gauge does not move at all from the thermostat opening point no matter what the outside temps or how long I let it idle. I went that route because my stock radiator was smaller, and was going to be $350-400 to either recore or replace. I did the whole aluminum thing for less than $250, including an overflow bottle.

-
Back