Red 36 tooth speedometer gear

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think these are available from the dealer. :cheers:

Wow.....just called the local dealer to check on price for red 36

$55 my cost......not 3 digits but WTH happened to $20 speedo gears :wack:

I will look for you, but I don't think I have that particular one used. Maybe someone else will chime in.

I was quoted $137 to which I had a few words my parts guy who gives me a deal he says I can always pay full price at $210.

If no one here has one I'll order a used one from that website.

And a hell of a variety too.

I was going to just get "close" with the 36 tooth one according to the chart as it was the one called for with 26" rubber and 3.55 gears, difference being I have 27" tires -255/60-15

Anyone know what gear that'd be?

Thanks

wow your kidding me rite?????? i just picked one up from a local independent tranny shop for a big $3.00 a few months ago

wow your kidding me rite?????? i just picked one up from a local independent tranny shop for a big $3.00 a few months ago
You got a good deal.
A couple of years ago they wanted in between $15 and $20 from the dealer.

Have you found one yet for a reasonable price. I think I have one if you want me to look. Probably $5.00 + shipping. Let me know
Thanks
Jim Petersen

And a hell of a variety too.

I was going to just get "close" with the 36 tooth one according to the chart as it was the one called for with 26" rubber and 3.55 gears, difference being I have 27" tires -255/60-15

Anyone know what gear that'd be?

Thanks

http://www.mymopar.com/speedometer.htm

That chart seems to subtract 3 teeth for every 2" increase in diameter for 3:55's. Based on that you need a 34-1/2 tooth one. I would split the difference and go with 35. 34 if you want it too read a tad faster than actual maybe.

dingo was looking but hasn't got back to me yet.

If either of you guys has a 35 tooth one guess it comes down to whomever is closer to the canadian border on the western side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back