Red Deer Swap Meet

-
Wish i'd seen this post earlier as I was there and we could have had a chat about your 360. next time I guess.
Bought a new oil pump - couldn't go home with nothing :wack:

Cory, was it worth the drive from Hinton?
Also, how the heck are you making out with your engine? Any satisfaction from the builder, or did your compression and leakdown tests reveal anything?

I was in the city for the weekend so the drive wasn't bad but otherwise no.

There was a 68 Barracuda Formula S 340 4-speed shell for a mere 6500bucks.

And he had an A-body center console minus carpet, door or shifter bezel only $100

Anyways on the engine front havn't heard a peep from him, this weekend I am going to borrow the straight edge from work amd remove the rocker shafts and see how everything lines up.

When I ran a compression test I had one hole that was 155 the rest went from 160-180 when I went back to re-do the 155 ole it was 175 suddenlly.

So something in the valve train isn't right.

On a plus note I am moving to edmonton at the end of the month for a new job so come summer time I hope to be out cruiseing!

WOW, if some of these prices keep going up we'll all be riding bicycles!

Something is definitely out of wack there with those compression readings. That's a good idea to check the valve alignment and see it there's something out of wack there.

So where are you moving to in Edmonton? If this damned rain doesn't stop soon, you won't have much fun moving at the end of the month. Of course it will probably turn from rain to snow by then. :) Good luck with the move and with your engine.

I was at the meet, there was not much for Mopar parts, mostly Ford and lots of Chevy stuff. Mopar parts are very hard to come by.

-
Back