Red line Port-O-Walls, anyone know?

-

Crazy4Carz

Reaction score
I am looking for a set of redline port o walls. Does anyone know who sells these? Does anyone else know what these are?

Just a little background for the younger guys. (This was before your time) In the "Old days" if you didn't have the money for real while wall tires, you could buy Port-O-Walls these were a set of whitewall tire sidewalls that would tuck into the rim of the wheel and lay flat against the side of the tire and look like real whitewalls. This also allowed you to take these (portable) from car to car or from tire set to tire set.

I have drag radials out back and different size radials up front and would like to have the look of red lines. Both 15". I know I can't buy M/T redline drag radials so this is my next best choice. I know there are companies that will cut redlines into my tires but the way these tires hook and wrinkle on the sides I don't want any cutting. Also the rate these wear I don't want to make the investment in having these made up.

One last thing, is it port A walls or Port O walls? Thanks.

I used them back in the '60's

The "in" thing to run was black rims and whitewalls regardless of
body color.

Like you said, this was a good way to get whitewalls.

And I think it was Port "A" Walls

J.C. Whitney used to sell them, Coker tire may. I know that they sell any size white wall tire you want in any type of tire you want.

Check with diamond back classics

They will do red lines on drag radials.

My redlines are from them. They can do tires up to 20"

I thought about doing drag radials for my dart, but don't need them the Firestones grip better than I want...........LOL

These are not port a walls........I know what they are but to young to have ever used any, but they might be able to hook you up.

-
Back