Red Neck One Man Brake Bleeding

-

Oldschoolcuda

Early-A Body Nerd
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Finally got on the front brake job my 03 Dakota needed badly this morning. Finished rotor, caliper & pad replacement then realized i miscalculated. No one was available to help me bleed them. Could have waited for GF to get home from work but i was out of beer and thirsty. One of my best ad lib engineering jobs ever.
A garden rake between brake pedal and seat depressing pedal while i hit bleeders.
Worked like a champ. lol.:thumbsup:

59558F85-7298-40A2-B4B8-2B796B0D3B10.jpeg

Finally got on the front brake job my 03 Dakota needed badly this morning. Finished rotor, caliper & pad replacement then realized i miscalculated. No one was available to help me bleed them. Could have waited for GF to get home from work but i was out of beer and thirsty. One of my best ad lib engineering jobs ever.
A garden rake between brake pedal and seat depressing pedal while i hit bleeders.
Worked like a champ. lol.:thumbsup:

View attachment 1715322007

I have a 36 inch extension I put between the seat base and the pedal.:D

Pedal depressed, measure to lower back side of the steering wheel & cut a 2x4 to length.

After seeng how well this technique works I'm going to try and design a adjustable universal one and market it.

I use an adjustable Zipwall. Works perfect. Adjustable mop rods work too.

naming contest-

I submit-

"floor, yep...floor, yep"

Here you go. Copied from my front end alignment days. Some machines required brake to be depressed. Best brake bleeder helper yet.
CE60BFC9-B02B-47BA-816C-9EE9636FF009.jpeg
7/16 or 1/2 round bar,hole in flat plate same size.
Hold plate against seat,push knob to depress brake pedal. Push top of bar to release.

In other words, its already out there.

Here you go. Copied from my front end alignment days. Some machines required brake to be depressed. Best brake bleeder helper yet. View attachment 17153220667/16 or 1/2 round bar,hole in flat plate same size.
Hold plate against seat,push knob to depress brake pedal. Push top of bar to release.

Better than the girl friend? I think not.:)

Here you go. Copied from my front end alignment days. Some machines required brake to be depressed. Best brake bleeder helper yet. View attachment 17153220667/16 or 1/2 round bar,hole in flat plate same size.

Everything is already out there.
Must be a multi tasker. Mine will also serve as home defense weapon, custom walking stick and make juliet fries. lol

A drink bottle with some brake fuild in the bottom works good too. Use a long piece of vacuum hose to go from the bleeder into the bottom of the bottle. Open the bleeder, then go pump the brakes slowly. You need it quiet so you can hear it bubbling. When it stops bubbling, all of the air is out of it, so go close the bleeder.

Everything is already out there.
Must be a multi tasker. Mine will also serve as home defense weapon, custom walking stick and make juliet fries. lol

What about raking the leaves though?

Those of us that need to do it could use a Brake Rake © once in a while, everyone deserves a brake at times.......... ;-)

OK. OK.

I'll leaf now......

-
Back