Red Wheel Liners

-

joe willie

68LedZepBarracuda
Reaction score
i have a 68 barracuda 318 auto ps/pdb/AC 150 speedo rear window defrost gill mldgs bumper guards heavy duty cooling ! I have the build sheet ( broadcast sheet) under wheel house liners is the #8 (section 588) I was told this is very rare red wheel well liners ! Any one know how many were made like this ! They are long gone from the car !!

hi joe willie...

i put a set of red wheel well liners on my 68 formula s fastback when i restored it. it is a recreation of the car that is on the front of the 68 barracuda sales' literature.

it took me 6 months to find 4 of these liners - and they are VERY expensive. i've spoken to a couple of guys that have these and one guy told me that he thought there were only 50 sets of these ordered as an option in 1968.

if you can, i would very much like to see your broadcast sheet with this option indicated - i've never seen a broadcast sheet with this option on it. i think a lot of people here on FABO would be interested also because this topic comes up a lot on this web site. there are pictures of my set on my car here on FABO under JimHarvard photos...

image.jpeg
hi joe willie...

i put a set of red wheel well liners on my 68 formula s fastback when i restored it. it is a recreation of the car that is on the front of the 68 barracuda sales' literature.

it took me 6 months to find 4 of these liners - and they are VERY expensive. i've spoken to a couple of guys that have these and one guy told me that he thought there were only 50 sets of these ordered as an option in 1968.

if you can, i would very much like to see your broadcast sheet with this option indicated - i've never seen a broadcast sheet with this option on it. i think a lot of people here on FABO would be interested also because this topic comes up a lot on this web site. there are pictures of my set on my car here on FABO under JimHarvard photos...
Hello jimharvard thanks for the info on maybe 50 sets sold of red wheel liners I will attempt to send you a picture of build sheet since I haven't sent any pictures yet!

hi joe...

thanks for posting the build sheet for the wheel liners...!! i've been trying to collect all the info i see about this option. i've never seen a complete build sheet like yours... again ... thanks...

Yes sir I've been doing the same trying to gather all info I can on the wheel liners

-
Back