Redline Tires

-

George R

Mopar Nutcase
Reaction score
Where do you guys buy Redline tires? Only place I see them listed is on eBay, and the seller wants like $170 a piece. Is there a better deal out there somewhere?
I need 14" dia. tires for my 69 Dart project.

Thanks,
George

Tire Rack and Coker carry them. I'm sure you can Google some other sources.

If you buy a set,make sure they are radials. Bias-ply tires suck !

I think BF Goodrich makes a radial red-line.

Be ready to pay big bucks for the little red line.

I get tired of spending $700 for redline radials so made my own for $30.
69.jpg

If I could find a whitewall with a 3/8" wide stripe, I would do the same thing! It looks awesome! What did you use to color the red on with?????

George

Got mine from Coker also..... not sure what I paid but I think about $140 a tire but also a few years ago. I agree that the bias tire sucks too....if I ever wear them out I'll have radials the next time.

Thanks Oldkoot.
Kinda sttep though, no? I saw $96 a can! Is there a smaller can? I didn't see it.
I'll keep the link.

George

George,
Click details, then there is a pull down menu with the different prices. 200 ML is $39, went up since I bought it.

oldkoot, Thanks also for the link......great idea.

Just wondering after reading a bit on the link if this rubberbond can be applied with a brush instead of spray. Seems they only talk about spray gun or aerosol.

I have BFG's and would like to use something on the raised white letters, but can't imagine masking them off. Big PITA.

I agree taping the outline is a pain but spraying is probably the best way to go.. You can't brush it as it streaks. I used a small piece of closed cell sponge, dabbing on multiple coats until the color was uniform-took about 4 coats. When it dried overnight, block sanded it with 1000 grit to remove any "bumps" left from dabbing.

If I could find a whitewall with a 3/8" wide stripe, I would do the same thing! It looks awesome! What did you use to color the red on with?????

George
Goodyear Integrity tires have a 3/8" white line and are pretty inexpensive.

BFG, Coker Tire. Has some thing called silvertown redline radials. They are in the Jegs catilog for 165-170 bucks.

George,
Check this link http://www.parasolinc.com/dyes_paints.asp. Scroll down the page and you'll see rubber dye listed. A 200ML can is all you need. I've run about 500 miles since with no cracking.
HOLY FREAKIN POOP!!!! I just went to Parasol's site to order a 250ml aerosol can of Rubberbond and they wanted $17 to ship it! Are they freakin kidding me? SEVENTEEN DOLLARS???? No way. I'll try some of Eastwood's vinyl/leather dye before I pay a total of nearly $50 for 250ml (about 9 ounces) of rubber dye.

I bought a set of simulated Bluestreak tires from Diamondback. They are over 2 years old and the blue is still brilliant. Their technique involves vulcanizing the stripe...to your dimensions...over a butyl base stripe so that the blackness of the tire never bleeds though to discolor the stripe. You also pick your brand of tire and size. They smooth off any brand name info from the surface that the stripe is applied for a nice look if you want.

I bought a set of simulated Bluestreak tires from Diamondback. They are over 2 years old and the blue is still brilliant. Their technique involves vulcanizing the stripe...to your dimensions...over a butyl base stripe so that the blackness of the tire never bleeds though to discolor the stripe. You also pick your brand of tire and size. They smooth off any brand name info from the surface that the stripe is applied for a nice look if you want.
The only problem with Diamondback is the same as with Coker. EXPENSIVE TIRES. I have GT Qualifiers on my car with red lines that were applied by a guy who used to do whitewalls and redlines on any tire. They lasted almost 10 years. I think I am going to get a set of 4 Goodyear Integrity thin white line tires for about $280 and put the red lines on myself.

A guy I know in marlborough is actually selling a set. Not sure how much he is asking, I think less than 100 miles on them, not sure what size rim either...either 15 or 14...
Now the more I think they are 15's because they were on his road runner.

A guy I know in marlborough is actually selling a set. Not sure how much he is asking, I think less than 100 miles on them, not sure what size rim either...either 15 or 14...
Now the more I think they are 15's because they were on his road runner.
I need an oddball set. I run 185/70 14s up front because of the fenderwell headers and 235/60 15s in back because my nose-heavy monster needs meat in the back.

-
Back