Redneck Caper for sale!

-

69signetv8

Reaction score
Life is good!

!cid_ACE88853-FD45-4A2D-BD0A-53EA963A82FB.jpg

Glad you got it across the border Sid.
I sure will miss it, :love4:
Look in the glove box , I think my fishing license are in there.

This was my home for a few months and I did not dream it up I just have nightmares about it.
But we did make some good memories in there :downtown:

94jeept11.jpg

I lived in 14' Winnebago with my mom and my sister while my parents were building their retirement cabin in northern WI. IIRC this was from when I was 9 to 11 years old. It was awesome. I was a wild child, with the only true rules set by nature. By 12, I was taking the canoe out for a week with 3 days worth of food, cutting down trees and driving my Dad's Fury. Once the cabin was done, I had to go back to Chicago.

Shortly thereafter, everyone was wondering why I had a problem with authority. Hmmmm...I wonder why? I would look this supposed "Person of Authority" and know immediatley that they couldn't last 48 hours where i could be comfortable all my life. Long live the self sufficient! :brave:

That had to be great ramcharger. :headbang: I bet you could write a book!
Treva and I lived in that little camper in the snow while we were building our retirement cotage.

That's a cozy little place you lived in Mike, must have been tough to think of things to do :toothy7:

Damn computer, I wasn't finished. Nice way to grow up Ramcharger, survival skills and intincts are good for the soul :salute:

Hey maybe I looked too far into that first pic, but do you think the front part of the roof folds up on top of the other, so they can drive it? lol

Thank you Memike and Rob! Here's a quick story for ya:

One early morning when I lived in Glenwood Springs, I loaded up my backpack, jumped on the mountain bike and rode the sloping street down to the Colorado River. I took a right on the bike trail and headed about 5 miles upriver into Glenwood Canyon. The only noise was the trickle of the river (It was fall and the river was low) and the hum of my tires on the trail. The air was crisp and almost felt as if I could snap it if I could grab it. I found my spot and just sat there, trying to take in the 1000' canyon walls, the relatively quiet water and the sliver of sun just starting to knife into the cold crevasse.

As the sun started to warm the water and excite the insects, I started to see the trout stir the water in little circles, promising good fishing for an hour or two. Crack!! What sounded like a rifle shot was a beaver leaving a long V-trail in the silver water, obviously upset at my presence. The V-trail abruptly stopped and the beaver checked me out for about 10 seconds or so. After he realized that I wasn't a threat, he continued about his business and silently slid downriver. As I was absorbing all of this and feeling how lucky I was to be alive, right here, right now, I thought I heard I little scratching sounds to my left. I know that rattlers do hang out on these rocks from time to time, so I slowly turned to see what was creeping up on me. It was a pine marten checking me out from two feet away! This particular marten was a beautiful rust red color and his fall coat was thick. He wasn't afraid or aggressive so I thought I would turn away, thinking he would just meander away. Well, when I turned back he was still there, looking into the river as I was, close enough that I could have touched him, but I'm not that stupid! So here I was, chillin' with the pine marten, watching the sun slowly bring the river alive, and thinking that I could not feel more at one with the canyon than if I melted into the granite slab that I was sitting on. I will remember that day until I die.

This 24" furry slinky hung out with me even when I stood up and walked the 10 feet to a solid foothold I could fish from. Well anyway, the fishing was great, I caught 1 five pound and two 3 pound trout in about an hour! There is nothing quite like the sight and feel of a 5 pound trout breaching the water, puling my line tight as guitar string, slinging water off its back like diamonds in the morning sun. The pure energy vibrating my line and transmitted through my rod to my hands and straight into my brain like a shot of sunlight slicing through the trees in a early morning campsight scene.

I got him landed and it almost seemed a sin to keep him for breakfast. But not quite, as I was really hungy. Now was the easy pedal downstream to town, feeling as though I was king of the hill. On the opposite side of the canyon, the passenger train was cruising through. Not really thinking that the the engineer would see me, I waved in my perceived fishing mastery, still aglow in the vision of the big brown trout breaching water, and moving along in my self propeled, self-suffecient way. Yee-Haw! The engineer waves back and blows the horn! Apparently, I'm not the only one enjoying this crisp October morning.

As I crest the final hill, I'm now coasting right into town. Well, I thought, I know the people at Doc Holiday's Saloon, why not cruise right in and have the cook make me some fresh trout and share with the locals? Needless to say, that's exactly what I did and free beer was mine until 2 pm when I called it quits to nap and dream of brown trout, shedding drops of water like diamonds.

Nice story ramcharger And well written, I could see the bugs on the water and the fish coming to eat. one question what is a pine marten.?

Here you go Mike! Neat looking little critters. Members of the weasel family I believe.

PineMarten.jpg

Oh you are so right Cuda Hunter.

Thank ramcharger! I just forgotten what they were and they do look like little mink or weasel .

-
Back