Redondo RR6770 radio

-

trudysduster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Received mine today. $414.00 shipped to the house. Have to put it together. It comes in pieces. It has the main box and the faceplate, thumb rollers, brackets and all that has to be put on. It is like a kit. Not what I thought it would be.

here is what you get. It is a kit and you have to put it together. Only problem is you have to make the mounts for it.The mounts that come with the kit spands 8" from hole to hole. The steel studs on my 69 Valiant are 10" wide hole to hole. Also you have to offset the bracket about 1/2" to allow it to bolt up. All in all it is a PITA but its in and it sounds good. will post pics next time car is uncovered.

Attachments

• DSC08842.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 325
  • DSC08845.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 334
I just installed one in my 68 dart. It does sound nice and the blue tooth is a nice feature. I agree on the PITA factor. I had to mount mine from the back with 1/4" or so of spacer. It does look great. I am concerned with the thumbwheels as they seem a bit light duty for my liking. We will see. Good luck and be patient with the install.

I'd love to see what it looks like installed.

I'm really considering pulling the trigger on one, but really want to see what it looks like before spending the cash.

Can both of you guys please post some pictures?

I'm kinda tech-no on this stuff (old guy), and I have been looking at this radio for my 67 (with the knobs). question is why and how would I use "2" USB's and "2" AUX inputs. I know how to use a USB but why "2". Good retro looking unit though!!

The USB's would be used if you wanted to put music on a thumb drive and play audio or you could connect your phone to the radio via a cable. Or both. You could add a cd player to the radio also using the aux input. Or just about anything else. Including your phone using your head phone output from your phone. This thing is very versatile. Though I cannot see using more that any 2 inputs at any time. I only use 1. And that is the Blue tooth connection. No wires. And play music from the web. I use Pandora and occasionally Sat radio.

The USB's would be used if you wanted to put music on a thumb drive and play audio or you could connect your phone to the radio via a cable. Or both. You could add a cd player to the radio also using the aux input. Or just about anything else. Including your phone using your head phone output from your phone. This thing is very versatile. Though I cannot see using more that any 2 inputs at any time. I only use 1. And that is the Blue tooth connection. No wires. And play music from the web. I use Pandora and occasionally Sat radio.

thanks,,, I guess your saying I'll have lots of options to hook up any E device I can dream of using, all at once,,LOL. I think I'm going to order one to stay looking stockish, problem is my Can dollar,,stings a bit. Can you read the folder/music info on the front panel or just on the phone that is the source. Thanks again.

You can only read the song info on the phone. Whatever is playing on the phone gets pushed through to the radio.

I will post a pic with the unit off. And yes I am very happy with the unit. I added some kick panels with speakers up front and new 6X9 kicker speakers in the back. I also added a powered sub woofer from the same manufacturer as the radio. I mounted it under the rear deck between the speakers. It was a bit tricky but it worked out nicely as you cannot see it when looking into the trunk. This system really sounds nice even at high volume. I am a bit of a head banger from the 80's so I like it loud every now and then.

Warranty any good? I installed a retrosound radio and it has been sent back twice for repairs. Seems like these 400 dollar radios are junk.

I hope I don't need to know about the warranty. Sorry for your luck. Did the manufacturer stand behind their product? I guess I have gotten complacent and expect everything I purchase now days to be good quality. I will let you know if I have any issues.

I too will post any problems with the radio. Have only used it a little bit but It seems ok so far.

You should not need the install kit. I just mounted mine in the original location using some washers as spacers and I needed to mount mine from behind. What are you planning on mounting yours in? An A body of some sort I am sure. Also is your plastic in good shape and not damaged or hacked up? I needed to get a new front bezel for mine as the previous owner had cut the bezel to put in a aftermarket radio cd player. Another cool $165 I needed to spend.

scatpackbee, you just need the radio. If I had it to do all over again, I would have sent my radio out and had it rebuilt.

-
Back