redrill a bbp to sbp?

-

KramerSwinger70

70 Dart Swinger360
Reaction score
sorry if i seem to flood the forum with retarded questions. im tryin to learn the ropes (wanna be a big gearhead like all of you, never grew up around any1 with the know-how) anyway how much $$am i lookn at for redilling the bolt pattern of a bbp 8 1/4 to make it sbp? theres a guy sellin an 8 1/4 for $50! but i wanna keep my sbp wheels. suregrip diferentials are cheaper at 8 1/4 than 8 3/4 (by far!) thanks. where would i go to have this work done?

You should call Chuck's wheel and brake in Santa Rosa , they would know what the cost would be.For that matter you might think about getting new tires and rims it might cost about the same if you buy the new ones off ebay?
The rim's that is .

the hub which centers the wheel on the axel may be to large for your wheels to fit over,maybe you can have it chucked up in a lathe and cut down also? other than that I see no reason you couldn't do that

thing is i wanna keep my sbp wheels. they really look good on my car. also, im a cheap *** lol aignt much goin for my project since im 18 workin at Baskin Robbins here in Rohnert Park!

Yep I seen that, I have a lot of small bolt pattern cars also....and I Like my Wheel's!!!!!!!!! :cheers: That's just the fact's about needing the hub cut down for the wheel to be able to fit, but you have to leave a shoulder on there to center the brake drum also.......not just a cut and dried deal....nuthin is easy or cheap

Yep I seen that, I have a lot of small bolt pattern cars also....and I Like my Wheel's!!!!!!!!! :cheers: That's just the fact's about needing the hub cut down for the wheel to be able to fit, but you have to leave a shoulder on there to center the brake drum also.......not just a cut and dried deal....nuthin is easy or cheap

howe much in labor would i be lookin at? would it be cheaper to buy a sbp 8 3/4?

I'm just givin you the fact's, You'll have to find a machine shop capable of doing the work then get a price,everything cost' munney
howe much in labor would i be lookin at? would it be cheaper to buy a sbp 8 3/4?

I would buy the 8 1/4 BBP rear for $50, get some cheap BBP front disc brakes from a U-pull it junk yard, sell your SBP rally wheels and buy some BBP rally wheels, cheapest way to go

I agree with caferacerx. And to add my two cents, when you go to build bolt then you can use all of those ford wheels out there too. You can usually find some great deals at swap meets and things like that.

O.K you have a plan for the axles.What about the front hubs? Gonna get them drilled too or run two different bolt patterns? The main issue seems to be your sbp wheels. Are they ralley's? You can also find bbp ralley's.

Im still thinking about keeping my sbp.But it really limits wheel selection.

Just my two cents, I noticed a E body 8 1/4 for $50 bucks for sale. Will not fit your A body car unless you cut and resize the rear. $$$ Find an A body rear and change rims. Take care

-
Back