redrilling rortors

-

needsaresto

Reaction score
This is a follow up to my brake swap thread. No takers yet,so I was wondering if it can be done and is it safe?

i need my sbp kelsey hayes rotors to have bbp.

I know axles can be redrilled.

i know iv done it many times and on some farly fast street cars and two drag cars that ran in low 10s and never had any prob..and would do it again if i had to i mean you are talking about a chry !! arent you any thing else ya it would scare me to deth.............

Sent mine to Moser. Front and back.

Dscn1089.jpg

Dscn1088.jpg

O.K,cool. Im assuming any competent machinist should be able to do this.

if you have a drill pres do it your self get an old weel cut center out for patern.more than likly the shop you go to is going to ask for one.once you do it and your buddy find out thay will be lined up at the door. and its the fastet way youll make 50.00$ bucks for two . i paid for a new crftmans drill press in one week.good luck &mopar to yaaaaaaa.

I wonder why they redilled them so close together?

Because the hub has a notch in it that won't allow the to be further away , but that said they are very close , I have a set of hubs and rotors that were redrilled by someone at home and they aren't as close together as those .

if you have a drill pres do it your self get an old weel cut center out for patern.more than likly the shop you go to is going to ask for one.once you do it and your buddy find out thay will be lined up at the door. and its the fastet way youll make 50.00$ bucks for two . i paid for a new crftmans drill press in one week.good luck &mopar to yaaaaaaa.

I wish it was that easy , the problem with doing it that way is the center hub of the 4"BP is smaller than the 4.5"BP so to do it your way you would first have to make a spacer ring for the center hub .

-
Back