-
Status
Not open for further replies.

averagejoesautos

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Really need to move this car. Lowered asking price.

Details:

- Believe its a 2 owner car [Orignal owner and me].

- Factory 318 Engine [have the build sheet to prove]. Motor does not smoke or knock.

- Automatic 3 speed 904 tranmission...Shifts smooth.

-Solid floor pans.

-Solid trunk pans [some surface rust and one small hole by the spare tub].

-All of the electricals work and accesories[lights, wipers, turn signals, horn, blower motor]

-Power Brakes [Discs up front].

-Have original build sheet from factory, owners manual, and service reciepts back to the 80's [not mines from past original owner].

What the car needs:

-The car starts up fine but runs rough and stalls out when you get on the throttle. Previous owner told me the car sat for 2 years before I bought it [with him starting it from time to time to keep motor oiled]. However, he never gassed it up with fresh gas. I believe the two year old gas in the tank is part of rough idle. I also believe the old gas gummed up the carb so that will definetly need to be cleaned as well. I'm going to drain the old gas and put fresh gas in as well as clean the carb to see if the rough idle clears up.

-The master cylinder needs replacing. The front resivoir was empty when I bought it. I filled it up with brake fluid and loaded it onto the hauler bed but the brakes were VERY spongy. I would definetly bleed the brakes at minimum. I suspect the master is the problem but have not ripped into the brakes to see if it is a leaky wheel cylinder or a hose. I have not detected any brake fluid leakage under the car.

- Needs two tires. The previous owner had snow tires on it. While sitting the tires have dry rotted and gone bad. The tires hold air for about two days before going flat. The tires are good as rollers ONLY.

-In the past the car had some bad bodywork done. The back left and right wheel wells were repaired with bondo [without fixing the rust]. The bondo is now lifting in these areas. This area will definetly need attention in way replacing with a patch panel. The rocker panels by the doors also need replacing. There is also a little bit of rust below both rear tail lights. [See pics below]

-Small section [4 to 6"] of the rear rail that runs to the bumper/trunk is rusted through. [See pics below]

-Gas tank will need replacing. Previous owner tried to repair a gas tank leak with tiger hair body filler:wack:
The tank is on 1/8 of a tank so it does not leak unless the car is on an incline. However, i suspect that anything over half a tank and gas will start to weep [see pics below]

Pics:
Duster1.jpg

duster2.jpg

duster3.jpg

duster4.jpg

duster6.jpg

duster7.jpg

duster7.jpg

duster%208.jpg

duster%209.jpg

duster10.jpg

duster11.jpg

duster12.jpg

duster13.jpg

Thats all that I can think of off the top of my head about the car. Trying to give full disclosure about the car. The car is located in Sterling, VA [Washington DC metro area]

pm me.

Thanks for lookin guys...Cheers :drinkers:,

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back