Reference Picture - Duster/Demon

-
Pictures coming tomorrow. Do you need both sides? I can get to the passenger side tomorrow.

Ok gents, 1 more favor to ask...

Currently have the latch assemblies soaking in some degreaser, so I thought I would check something.

@forphorty
@glenn340
@Demonx2

Would anyone mind getting a pic with a 24" level across the door? I'm trying to see if the door is supposed to be level to the ground (parallel) or not.

Here is where is placed my level...
IMG_20210430_145637581.jpg

Bubble indicates it's riding uphill a bit...
IMG_20210430_145644237.jpg

Here it shows level, but with 2 paint sticks (5/16") under the right hand side...
IMG_20210430_145657965.jpg

Just want to make sure I'm covering all possibilities. Do I need to bring the door up 5/16", at the cowl?

Thanks again for all the help!

I'm sorry - I won't be in a location to do that for a couple weeks. I can do it then but it will really be dependent on your car's stance. My 72 would have the back of the doors higher on the level. Not sure on the 71.

I'm sorry - I won't be in a location to do that for a couple weeks. I can do it then but it will really be dependent on your car's stance. My 72 would have the back of the doors higher on the level. Not sure on the 71.

No worries. I raised the door at the cowl to where it transitions nicely to the cowl, so I'm happy with that end. I think the rise of the doors at the back is normal. I'm good with it
Thanks

-
Back