Refinish seat medallions?

-

Backally

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Got 2 seat medallions for 70 Duster 340 front bench I need to refinish. From what I can find no one repops the 340 shorter size. What is the best way to do that? You can see they are pitted up. Was suggested I chrome them, but not doing the back seat so I think chrome would be to different
Thanks
CF8CDA7B-03C3-4159-9F88-078DCF1257F6.jpeg

Here you go: Vans Classic Car parts Wisconsin.

Here is the part number to look for:
2981980 medallions

VANS in Wisconsin:
Screenshot_20220504-123515_Firefox.jpg

20220504_124015.jpg

Medallion Part number 2981980

Screenshot_20220504-124050_Gallery.jpg

I wet sanded mine with 3000 grit sandpaper to get off bumps then used 0000 steel wool to give it the nice brushed look back. They turned out like new.

Those are to big. I drove down and compared them. The 340 medallions are shorter by an inch or two.

thanks though!

Not just a “340” emblem, it’s a 1970 Duster seat emblem, bucket and bench seat ones are the same size. They are hard to find in good shape, no reproductions available so restoring originals is the only option. Could possibly use the larger non correct ones, they would look nice. Otherwise I have a couple Duster ones and can check on the condition for you.

Not just a “340” emblem, it’s a 1970 Duster seat emblem, bucket and bench seat ones are the same size. They are hard to find in good shape, no reproductions available so restoring originals is the only option. Could possibly use the larger non correct ones, they would look nice. Otherwise I have a couple Duster ones and can check on the condition for you

you going to be at Mopars in the Park this year? If you think of it bring them, if their in better shape than mine we’ll work something out. Since I’m just doing the front I want them to match the back seats size wise

thanks!

you going to be at Mopars in the Park this year? If you think of it bring them, if their in better shape than mine we’ll work something out. Since I’m just doing the front I want them to match the back seats size wise

thanks!

I’ll be there and I can bring them, maybe shoot me a reminder before the show!

-
Back