Refinishing Carb

-

72ScampTramp

Scamp Tramp
Reaction score
Im looking for options on restoring the finish on my carbs. Im on a tight budget here and looking for options. The obvious one is painting. Its the cheapest way. What are other options. Im trying to rebuild these on a slim budget but want to put a good finish on them. Ive already been soaking them in cleaner and scrubbing them which I know is the first step.

Try powder coating. I'm not sure how small your budget is but, Leanna does amazing work at her shop.Here is her handle on FABO.

CudaChick1968

Ive seen her work. It is beautiful but not in my budget. The cost to ship there and back plus the work would excede it.

However after searching the web I noticed bead blasting is used. Anyone with feedback on that. It seems to be a good way to strip it down.

If you are going to bead blast,find someone that can soda blast instead.There is less chance of plugged holes and you will like the way they look.

That may be what I end up doing. Just want them to look decent. The cleaner did wonders but nothing to the old finish

-
Back