Reground Cam

-
I had Bullet Cams regrind one for me a bunch of years ago. Pleased with the results.

So that is another name. I know there are more.

Alot of machine shops are closing thats why I asked this stuff is drying up in my area at least. I had a set of heads redone recently it was basically $500 and I waited 6 weeks. and I have another set and the guy is iffy on if he's going to keep doing the work. I am contemplating rebuilding them my self but I need some tools like valve sleeve installation kit for the bronze liners and valve face and seat resurfacing tools. etc. I was going to get Ken to restore my Crane SSH-320 cam its a vintage piece. I remember it being a bit of a radical idle. it has some pitting from storage im wondering if he can doctor it up.

@66fyssh What is the idle like on your cam? As stated before, cam will be in a 4x4 truck. BUT, it will never pull a trailer or do REAL truck things. If it has a little rumpty-rump that would be perfect. Sent a core off yesterday.

Just a little rumpty rump...or lumpy Lump, lol. Here's a video with open headers.

Just a little rumpty rump...or lumpy Lump, lol. Here's a video with open headers.

That's perfect!! If you don't mind, I'm going to request your grind. Already looking at a little looser convertor. Thank you so much for the video!! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
It's the #1280 grind. 215/.223 @ .050, .517 @1.6 rocker. It sounds much better with open headers than with a full exhaust and Dynamax Super Turbos, lol. They really quiet it down.

IMG_20191106_164259.jpg

This should fill the bill nicely. My son has a shitty old 99 half ton 4x4. We have a bunch of parts around to make it a fun mess around truck. Thanks again for posting up!

web site still up, he keeps wierd hours, 2pm to 7pm tuesday threw friday! ant seen or herd anything saying he ant doing cams no more, maybe outta cores idk...DWB!

Ken had told me I need to send a core when I asked about a 68 340 regrind. Only core I have is my Crane SSH 320..makes me wish I'd a kept my stock LA 318 cam...:)

Sent my core to Oregon on Monday. Talked with Ken again today to settle on a grind. I went with the 1280 on a 110lsa like @66fyssh has. He posted up the sound clip and I fell in love. So, thank you sir for that! Thanks to everyone for comments and suggestions. It will be a bit before it's in the vehicle.

Sent my core to Oregon on Monday. Talked with Ken again today to settle on a grind. I went with the 1280 on a 110lsa like @66fyssh has. He posted up the sound clip and I fell in love. So, thank you sir for that! Thanks to everyone for comments and suggestions. It will be a bit before it's in the vehicle.
May I ask what it cost only for shipping from you to him? Curious for current cost. I am farther from him so I assume it would cost me a little more.

We had one done by Delta, they had cores at the time, and Oregon did not. It has been a good cam. Daily use in my son's truck, a couple of years now. Hyd. Roller.

May I ask what it cost only for shipping from you to him? Curious for current cost. I am farther from him so I assume it would cost me a little more.
I wrapped it pretty good and put it back in an old cam box. Sent it USPS Priority. Because it was a little long, I got knocked a few more bucks. At any rate, it was $36.25. I'm guessing shipping will be more for the ride back because they will pack it better. And that's fine by me! He quoted me 189 for the regrind.

@408 swinger. Credit for that grind# goes to @RustyRatRod . He suggested it over three years ago when I was starting my build and asked for suggestions. Thanks Rob!
Ol Rob Knows his stuff. I wish he wouldn't have pulled his YouTube stuff down or his Tech stuff on here. thanks to a couple of jackasses. He's a good man who went out right of his way COUNTLESS times to share his knowledge

@408 swinger. Credit for that grind# goes to @RustyRatRod . He suggested it over three years ago when I was starting my build and asked for suggestions. Thanks Rob!
It turned out good. I'm glad you're happy with it. The biggest thing I enjoyed was you weren't scared of my converter recommendation. I don't think that car would have been the same with something more mild.

Ol Rob Knows his stuff. I wish he wouldn't have pulled his YouTube stuff down or his Tech stuff on here. thanks to a couple of jackasses. He's a good man who went out right of his way COUNTLESS times to share his knowledge
Thanks. I'm working on something to hopefully rectify that.

Thanks. I'm working on something to hopefully rectify that.
Awesome Dude! I can't wait! I've got way too much time on my hands these days I'm still stuck in the middle of moving both our other vehicles are at my buddy's property in Plant City and the old ladies working 12 hours a day and she's taking my truck... I'd love to go back and watch those Tech articles again I did get to see the one you did on the big block cam bearings. I read most of Rusty's guide to hot rodding Bliss ( of course that's one you should probably read over and over)

-
Back