Reinstalling new Dist. question.

-

DARTDALE

Reaction score
I installed a new intermediate shaft in newly rebuilt 360 when I put dist. in. I thought I had everything set up properly,I guess not though. If i got the intermediate shaft off 1 tooth, how bad would that mess me up? I installed it pointing at #1 with # 1 on tdc, or so I thought. Will I have to reinstall intermediate shaft if its off a tooth?

You can leave it like it is and wire your cap. Just put your #1 wire where the rotor is pointing to. It will work as long as you have enough adjustment so you set the timimg before the vacumn canister hits. Or if you can try to pull the shaft back up and change it. I couldn't get my shaft back out without pulling the intake.

Yeah thats what I was thinking. The shaft is way down in there,and sort of hard to put in with the engine setting in the floor. I did put it in with the intake on though,and it wasnt easy like that.

Yeah thats what I was thinking. The shaft is way down in there,and sort of hard to put in with the engine setting in the floor. I did put it in with the intake on though,and it wasnt easy like that.

Get a telescoping magnet. They have them up to 16lbs plus. Put a wrench on the harmonic balancer to find the sweet spot, and it will pull out.

Pop it back in with the magnet, hold it down with a long screw driver, pull the magnet out, done.

-
Back