Relocating Battery/Fuel/NOS lines

-

Eric_S68

Reaction score
Any suggestions? I plan on relocating the battery to the right rear trunk as in the mopar book.. What's the best way to route the Positive cable to the starter? Wire Gage? Thru the interior or underneath? Where to go thru the firewall? Also, have been debating about how to route fuel lines, possible NOS lines in future. Oh yeah it's a 73 Duster, fuel cell, electric pump. It's a shell now ...Tell me the mistakes ya made :) Things that worked right...

On my duster (72) I ran the fuel line (3/8" aluminum) on the passenger side. The battery cable and N2O line went up the driver's side. Nothing came into the passenger compartment. N2O line came up through the top horizontal part of the inner fender where there was a 1/2" hole already , who knows from what but it was there and it actually worked out very well. My N2O solenoid is on the driver's side rear of the intake, so the purge solenoid is right there and is vented between the hood/cowl joint where my fuel pressure guage is at. Just use plenty of clamps to hold everything snug to the bottom of the car and use the longitudinals to help protect them. I used aluminum fuel line. It bends easily but I've heard that it corrodes. Mine is 4 years old now and it still looks like new. Its a lot cheaper than braided.

don

for the battery cables most of us use welding cable ..size one ought ( 1 / 0 ) solder the ends.... i use a # 4 guage welding wire for the positive charging wire, the welding cables will carry full voltage the lenght of your car without loosing any power. use a relay for you fuel pump (mounted mine in trunk) so you dont need a big heavy wire the length of the car for it. mount fuel pump near to the fuel cell, fuel cell needs a deflector or shield on the bottom that is exposed . ( the part that extends down through the trunk floor )i used a piece of light gauge alum for this .... summit and jejs both offer a through the firewall connector to get electric power into the car , you also need a battery box, battery cut off switch mounted on the rear of the car. i put mine where the license plate should be. try to run the battery cables away from the fuel lines and under the car... for a fuse block i picked up one at a napa dealer for about 10 $ ..uses the common spade fuses and has room for 10 circuits.....oh yea and a rear firewall ( goes where the upper part of the back seat was)......that should keep you busy for a little while......good luck......Ron

this is what you need to be track legal , less if its a street only car

-
Back