relocating battery

-
This is what I did, 1 gauge wire to a cut off switch, from the switch I then ran the wire on the inside across the back seat and then up the drives side (same as the factory did) out the firewall through floor plug to the starter. Next 1 gauge wire from the starter terminal up to the starter relay. The reason for the cutoff switch is I like to kill the power when not in use, like at home, car shows, cruise nights and it makes it harder to steal the car too. I also installed a 1 gauge wire from my transmission to the car frame, you can not have enough grounds. The car starts just as good when I had the battery up front.

I dont know how safe it is but i like the simplicity. The wire size from starter to starter relay is what my original question is about. I kind of understand the other setups but the car will never see the track. Im moving the battery to simply unclutter the engine bay. So if i did this simple setup could i maybe add in a fuse for safety and is a 6 gauge wire enough run from starter to starter relay in the engine bay?

Crackedback, you sent me this pic previous but i never realized that the top was a cd solenoid. I was always thinking it was your disconnect switch since the pic doesnt show that. As for your 60 amp maxi fuse im not sure what that is. Any pics of that? Also what gauge wire are you using from starter relay to cut off switch. I was going to do a 2 gauge.
Thanks Rod

Wow some pretty intense thinking here.

All I did was picked up remote positive battery post. Mounted it at the old battery location. Ran my positive battery cable to it. That then became my positive battery post under the hood. I ran my factory battery cable and starter relay wires to the now positive post. Easy peasy works great.

Attachments

• DSCF0167.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 151
  • DSCN1700.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 169
  • DSCF0159[1].jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 126
  • spoiler pics 803.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 116
  • DSCN1694.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 148
Wow some pretty intense thinking here.

All I did was picked up remote positive battery post. Mounted it at the old battery location. Ran my positive battery cable to it. That then became my positive battery post under the hood. I ran my factory battery cable and starter relay wires to the now positive post. Easy peasy works great.

I like your thinking. This is pretty much what im gonna do. Is that your shutoff in the bottom pic? What gauge wire is it from relay to starter. The small wire not the main wire

Yes that is the shut off. It is a pull switch that comes through the reverse light. The light still works.

The two cables coming through the heat shield are , One is the large cable to the trunk the other is the original battery cable to the starter

The smaller red wire goes to the relay.

The other two black wires are One going to the alternator you see in the pic. it is a one wire 100amp GM race. My charging system is a 8 inch wire. The other black going front goes to the fan relays.

There is no harness on my motor.

I ran a power wire from the trunk switch , Into my car that powers the fuel pump and the Ignition system . It runs to the switch console in the car.

I tried to keep as much of the factory car intact.

Attachments

• DSCF0167[1].jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 116
  • DSCN1689.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 112
  • DSCN1700.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 123
  • DSCN1684.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 139
-
Back