Relocating Fuel Filler Tube

-

wintermute

Reaction score
I can't be the only one who hates the fuel filler tube in the trunk. Has anyone tried relocating the filler tube while retaining the stock tank?

I would like to try running a new tube nearly horizontal at least mostly below the trunk floor out to the floor extension before angling up to a modern filler neck, behind a flush-mount door. A small hump in the floor wouldn't be a bad trade off in my opinion.

Any thoughts?

It is a terrible waste of space. I can't get nearly as many bodies in the trunk with that darn tube in the way. I know Mustangs are routed like you want but then we sell alot of neck seals because they are prone to leakage thanks to ethanol.

You realize, in a modern car, the filler tube does exactly the same thing, but they install flocked fiber or plastic panels to hide it, which actually block off various nooks and crannies of usable space that you can use to stash cans of oil, paper towels, gloves and emergency supplies? So I wouldn't think of it as wasting space. And it's not like the trunk area was strikingly beautiful and only marred by that hideous filler tube. But if it bugs you, whatever...

-
Back