REMFLEX GASKETS BLOW OUT

-
My only complaint with Remflex is they are not reusable. They tear up on disassembly. That said, they seal like a ****.
If you’re careful, you can still reuse them. When I installed my HDK suspension, I had to remove the drivers side head to modify one tube. As expected, the gasket tore but I was too big a cheap *** to buy a new set so I just made sure everything was lined up, reinstalled everything and haven’t had a leak yet after 7k+ miles.

It’s too bad people are tearing these gaskets. You can Increase your chances of reusing the Remflex gaskets without tearing them (headers or collector extensions) by just ever so slightly, that means barely cracking loose the bolts so as to only allow parallel movement. On the headers you then grab them down at the collectors and push up and pull down to break them free of the gasket. On the extensions/reducers you twist, breaking them free from the gasket: Or a rap on the edge of the extension flange with a mallet. Any attempt to pull the headers or extensions away from the gasket and they’ll likely tear. That’s why you barely loosen the bolts so there’s no chance of “pulling” but as is often the case with much, YRMV.

Three sets later, I'm done with Remflex. I can think of very few other products people rave about, that suck so bad! Every set leaked, and tore up coming off.
Taylor Cable Seal 4 Good are all I'll use anymore. They sealed better on my run stand without nuts the end studs, than the Remflex ever did all bolted up. Exact same heads and headers. Think whatever you like, I won't waste money on them, ever again.

Last edited:
-
Back