Remote Starter

-

SpeedThrills

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I want to buy my wife one for her '07 Accord. Don't need an alarm or lots of features. Just want a good one. What's good?

any decent brand name should be fine
Iam canadain so I know alot of ppl with remote starters
its the install that is the key

a buddy of mine had one in his focus-got it installed at bestbuy
it ended up melting wires together-he got pulled over for his brake lights constantly on-bb blamed ford,ford blamed the install-of course

I have a starter/alarm combo on my 5speed cavalier-PolarStart-dont think they are around anymore
installed at a stereo shop
the only probs I have had has been a bad hood pin,and when my DRLs went-it was wired for my parking brake/drl off setup
9 years and still works great

My mom got hers installed at the Saturn dealer they got the Vue from-again no probs so far 3 years later

Thanks. We just bought it in July. I'm trying to beat her to the punch. :-D I know I'll hear about it soon.

any decent brand name should be fine
Iam canadain so I know alot of ppl with remote starters
its the install that is the key

a buddy of mine had one in his focus-got it installed at bestbuy
it ended up melting wires together-he got pulled over for his brake lights constantly on-bb blamed ford,ford blamed the install-of course

I have a starter/alarm combo on my 5speed cavalier-PolarStart-dont think they are around anymore
installed at a stereo shop
the only probs I have had has been a bad hood pin,and when my DRLs went-it was wired for my parking brake/drl off setup
9 years and still works great

My mom got hers installed at the Saturn dealer they got the Vue from-again no probs so far 3 years later

And the install is the key. Seen too many "I'll come to you to do it" hacks install the power set up on injector control wires with scotch locks. Next thing you know the car has a misfire code and runs like crap. So read the instructions carefully and verify the power source as something that won't lead to problems later on down the road.
The two mainline Hyundai techs as the dealership liked Bullydog if they had to install one.

-
Back