remove heat?? yes or no opinions

-
I vote for leaving the heat in unless it's strictly a race car. I like the idea that in an emergency even in the dead of winter in a blizzard I have a good emergency back up. I had to drive my Dart the other day when the starter in my neon was out and I was camping 90 miles from home so no truck. Was a kind of cold day with some light rain that came up by surprise, heat and defrost were nice to have. Sometimes it's fun to take a drive during winter too when the streets are clean and dry, sure gets people looking.

You could ask anyone who has owned a old VW about not having heat. LOL

I'd keep it,mainly for the defrosters,if its race only ditch it if you want.

Race car, take it out. Street car, leave it in and make it work properly. In the event that you do drive in cold weather (unlikely though it may be), you'll appreciate not having to drive with hat, mittens, and a thick winter coat.

ok guys i think i might just try to flush the h.c. ive already replaced the t stat, i need a new vacuum valve that adjusts the heat in the engine bay. all hoses besides that (vacuum ball??) stuff has been replaced.

Leave it in

Buddy has a 66 Coronet pro street without a heater. The other night, He said he had to head home before dark since he didn't have a heater.

They are right about defroster. I live in central Indiana and need the defroster in all my cars.

Why would you remove it and then give the carto parents. Will they never drive it? Take to cruise in in the fall or car show early in the morning. Heater is real nice then.

Race car or sunny Southern Cal no problem, MidWest, you need it

the one thing these old cars had was heat and plenty of it! if you are not getting anything but slightly warm.... then there is a problem. i would do as mentioned for causes.....

I got rid of mine in the Dart. It cleaned up the engine bay a lot. I put my Msd box, vol. reg., coil, fuse box, and starter relay in its location.

No defrost = buy a cig. lighter portable heater for emergency.

Cold = bring some blankets. Up north we're like polar bears.

n561290572_7177092_6548595.jpg

n561290572_7176859_7901817.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong but was'nt the radio & heater an option on these cars? But somehow they always made it into the final sale. HA!

I dont care where you live, someday you're going to need the defroster and even if it works like crap it's better than nothing!

You are going to give the car to your folks? Put the heat back in...
C

That's actually the most compelling argument that I've seen for leaving it in. Speaking of which I've got a heater to fix on a car that I've loaned out. Can't have a car that I own and let others drive freeze someone out...

You could ask anyone who has owned a old VW about not having heat. LOL

Loved the way VW thought they could route warm air off the exhaust manifolds into the cabin and it still be warm by the time it got there...that's too funny.

I am building a 72 dart swinger, years ago the heater core leaked, once I got it out I said screw it this is a summer car now, and removed everything I now have a set of gauges where the heater controls were.but now I am back to building it again I have been thinking about the defroster thing. no matter what you do KEEP the heater box and controls. I am having a hard time finding a good set. you might change your mind. I did

Very Good answer, I am like that too!!8)
I agree with you also.Now for your answer,I would rebuild them and keep them in.You still have vary good weather but cold.Also you may get cought in rain.And you will need the defrost.If it is going to be a driver then I would leave it in. Mark

-
Back