Remove Heater Control Face Plate

-

monoptn

Mopar Aficianado
Reaction score
How do I remove the heater control face plate on a 72 Demon? I see that the lever knobs have small set screws on the bottom, but I can't seem to get the face plate off the metal dash. Are there screws in the back of it or something? I was hoping it would just pop off.

Ya its screwed on from the back. You got to get up under there. What I do s lay down with my feet going up and over the seats that way you can get up in there and get a good look see.

Good luck to you
Russell

On my 74 there were 2 studs with nuts and the heater control itself was mounted to those studs and it had a support bracket that went up and mounted to the defroster vent. With the dash pad on the car you gotta do what Burntorange said. Just get up in there on your back with your feet over the front seats hanging in the rear. If the dash pad is out of the car you just reach through. There is also (well on mine anyways, dont know if its year specific) little stubs that come off the heater face and into the dash. It seemed like on mine that was the hardest part because the dash dug itself into these studs. I think I broke one off. They are tiny. Now looking at the face I broke them both off. I will post a couple pics to show what i mean...again this is all me going off if its the same as my 74. The two pieces in the middle were the stubs I was talking about. The other mounting stud pulled out and is in a baggie

1020091153a.jpg

1020091153b.jpg

-
Back