removing a sticker.

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
Hey guys I am at my witts ends on trying to remove a plastic sticker from my gague cluster. Its right on the lens.I am trying to get it ready for paint but this dam sticker wont budge.i have tryed lighter fluid,rubbing alchol,but nothing.Help the thing is I do not want to damege the clear lens.What next a hammer lol.

WD-40 works good for that, specially if you dont want to damage the plastic.
It will require some rubbing.

Good luck,
Giles

I would use the wd40 it works great, also if you can heat up the plastic a bit it will soften the glue a bit as well. Something like a hair drier or even the sun, a heat gun on a low setting if that is all you got.

the best thing I have found is 3-m rubbing compound. it will take the sticker off and clean the lense at the samed time. be careful if ya use wd-40 you get that on the part your are gonna paint and the paint will be a ***** to get to stick. rubbing compound works awesome on all plastic stuff, just do it by hand. I have used it on plastic headlight lenses and made them look new again.

well the hair dryer work great.but the lens is %^&* that clear sticker has frosted the lens.Thanks for all the help.

Meguiar's "PLASTX" should clear that up. If that doesn't work try a small dab of "Autosol", rub it gently and wipe it of thoroughly.

Good luck.

Giles

the best thing I have found is 3-m rubbing compound. it will take the sticker off and clean the lense at the samed time. be careful if ya use wd-40 you get that on the part your are gonna paint and the paint will be a ***** to get to stick. rubbing compound works awesome on all plastic stuff, just do it by hand. I have used it on plastic headlight lenses and made them look new again.

What compound have you used for this? I would think it would have to be pretty mild.

-
Back