Removing Axles on a 7.25"

-

seanperryman

Reaction score
I want to do a swap on my rear end to get the bigger bolt pattern, but I am finding conflicting information on removing the rear axles. Some people say that the 7.25" axles have C-Clips in the housing, others just say pull the bolts on the end and yank them out. Obviously I want to to try and hammer them out if they have a C-Clip holding them in place, can someone confirm or deny this is the case?

Mine's a 66, no c clips......bear to out tho. Ended up using the drums bolted on backwards onto the axels to act as a slide hammer. worked out well

Mine's a 66, no c clips......bear to out tho. Ended up using the drums bolted on backwards onto the axels to act as a slide hammer. worked out well

Nice! I'd read about that and it sounded like a good idea. Going to try and get it into the garage tonight, hoping to be working on it by this weekend. Saw somewhere that Randy at Moser will redrill the stock axles to the BBP, so that seems like it will be the easiest solution.

I have not seen a 8.25 with small bolt pattern.
My guess is you have a 7.25 SBP.
The LBP axles will not fit they are different lengths.

So, I made a goof. Looks like the rear end is already 5x4.5" bolt pattern, I just must have measured it incorrectly. I was wondering why the rims already were hard to get a socket on; they have been slotted to fit the SBP in the front and the LBP in the back. Doh!

Off to eBay to order the rest of my front swap parts so I can get this bad boy on the road! Thanks for the help all!

-
Back