Removing Early A inside door handles?

-

Useless

Reaction score
How do you remove the inside door handles from an early A? Taking out the allen headed screw and pulling alone doesn't seem to work very well....what am I missing?

I thought I had seen a post about this but I couldn't find it.

You got it. Sometimes corrosion builds up on the inside of the handle making it difficult to remove. Try a penetrating lube left overnight before removal. If that does not work, try a gear puller such as for a small electric motor. Make sure that the screw on the gear puller slides through the handle.

You might have to show it a little tough love. Try tapping the side of the handle all around with a screwdriver handle. And if you use a small gear puller you will have to push off of a screw inserted into the threads of the hole so you don't booger them up. But most likely between the oil and tapping it it'll pop off.

Well I went out to pull the handles, expecting a fight. Took the screw out and the whole thing practically fell off in my hand! I guess the car was having a bad day last time I tried because I had no luck at all at getting them loose a month ago.

Thanks again for the help guys.

-
Back