Removing gas

-

SRT_DSTRHOLC

Reaction score
My car is going to run on 89 and I used 87 before, but I still have like 3-5 gallons left in the tank. How would i go about Removing it?

I just had to drain the old gas from my cuda before starting the new motor. I put a peice of hose on the end of the metal line that comes from the tank. Its on the pass. side, I just put the hose on there and sucked the tank dry.

As long as the gas isn't really old, just put a few gallons of premium in there and you're good to go.

all we have is 91 should I put that in there? with like a octane booster?

ya Im just going to fill tank up with 91becasue my gas gauge doesnt work, sooooo I dont know how much I really have

Really? becasue I know that dgc33 uses 89 and when he tried to use 87 his car started in ping

Got an airport nearby?
Get 2 gals of 100LL avgas.
My 10.5 compression 383 loves a little of it.
I even had a 318 that would ping on the newer premiums. 2 gals to a full tank would take the ping away.

Well Im using Magnum heads, so I can actually use a lower octane with 10.5 compression

Mix some high (pump) octane and don't worry. Thats what you should be running anyway, you're engine probably isn't so percisely designed that 89 will always be fine. Weather, as well as the variety of different gas stations will change what fuel is 'okay' and what pings..

Those Magnum heads aluminum? If not definitely with 10.5:1....You don't have the spark or fuel control like a newer car to make a lower octane work, it'll just eat itself if you get bad gas or the tune isn't perfect. Not worth the extra 15cents or something..

welll dcg33 uses 89 with no problems soo ya... Thats what I will be using becasue the closed chambered heads letyou use lower octane

dgc33309-05-2008, 06:55 AM
"I am running 10.6:1 on my 360 with closed chamber magnum heads and a tight 0.040" quench, this is with a Comp XE268H cam which gives me a cranking presure of 180-190 psi. I have 15 degrees of intial timing with 33 total and a curve that has it all in at 2500 rpm.

I run this set up on 89 octane and 87 in a pinch if I don't get on it hard below 3000 rpm."

welll dcg33 uses 89 with no problems soo ya... Thats what I will be using becasue the closed chambered heads letyou use lower octane

Did dgc33 give you HIS engine ??? If not you need to figure out what your build needs unless it is EXACTLY identical to his .

thats also with a .040 quench,did you quench your motor? if not you,ll need the 91

.040 quench? He said he used the fel pro head gaskets with 0 deck pistons and magnum heads. Thats what I have

.040 quench? He said he used the fel pro head gaskets with 0 deck pistons and magnum heads. Thats what I have

As long as your pistons truly sit at zero deck and the compressed thickness of the gasket is .040, and your heads cc at the same size as Daves, then they should both react the same to the same fuel.

As long as your pistons truly sit at zero deck and the compressed thickness of the gasket is .040, and your heads cc at the same size as Daves, then they should both react the same to the same fuel.

don't for get the cam ...

-
Back