Removing inner door emblems?

-

billytuffnuts

Reaction score
So when I got my 72 Demon for whatever reason it had a duster emblem on the drivers side inner door panel. I finally got around to buying a replacement Demon emblem, but not quite sure how to remove the old one.

Do I need to pull the door panel to get at it? Are they held on by nuts or do they just kind of pop into place?

Yeah you are gonna have to pull the panel. They are held on by speed nuts maybe 1/2 inch or so. There are 2 of them.

If I remember correctly the pins on the back of the emblem are just presed into the holder in the door frame and you just need to gently/carefully pry it out

If I remember correctly the pins on the back of the emblem are just presed into the holder in the door frame and you just need to gently/carefully pry it out

Mine were just pressed in to a bushing. But I found it best to remove the door panel and push on them from the back side.

where can i find that emblem at my 71 demon dus ont have any just the holes for them

Don't know that any one repoops them. Try a thread in the car parts wanted section some on here should have them. Would sell you mine but I need them for my car. LOL

Welcome to FABO!

Nope, no one is repo. the plastic door emblems. You can pry them off from the front, but risk breaking the clips off. It is safer to remove the door panel and push them out form the back.

Get one of these... The one on the left.

image_574.jpg

Harbor freight has them
http://www.harborfreight.com/4-piece-windshield-door-trim-tool-set-38386.html

-
Back