removing interior pieces for paint, help

-

moparman111

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am in the process of removing bolt ons for paint and body work and am a little stuck on the interior. I have a 67 Barracuda FB. The pieces I am stuck on are the black metal panels that surround the area under the 1/4 window and branch up to the back glass. I removed the vinyl/cardboard panels, the aluminum carpet holders, the back seats, the black long piece directly under the back glass, and all the noticeable screws holding the black pieces in place. I can tell by the lip on forward area (at the door jam) that the piece has to be taken away from the 1/4 towards the seat and then slid forward towards the door but I cannot pop it free to slide it forward. What am I missing??? I haven't removed the floor piece (behind the back seat) under the glass. Is there something there I haven't seen? I feel if I pull any harder its going to break something:(

As always thank you for all the helpful information:)
Robert

Assuming you removed the trim above the hardboard door panel and the stainless trim at junction of the wheelhouse and upper panels and all screws underneath. You should be able to slide the trim panel up and forward to remove it.

Gerald I know there is a thin aluminum trim piece between the metal pieces (part with the lights in them) and the plastic. Do I carefully remove the thin piece (about 3/8") of aluminum trim to get to screws? I have removed all the other chrome pieces from the interior. Thank you

Yes there are screws under the wheelhouse trim. Remove the screw at the rear by the hatch, then carefully start prying the trim off. There are 11 push clips per side. Once removed you should see the remaining screws that fasten the upper and side trim pieces as well as wheelhouse covers.

-
Back