Removing lug bolt?

-

ddeleau

Reaction score
64 Plymouth: On my right rear I have a lug sheared off and need to replace. (Righty/loosy Lefty/Tighty) Need input on gettind bad lug out. There is approx 1/2 inch of old bolt to work with. Was thinking of using C-Clamps and flat metal, didn't think a drift pin was a good idea. Any thoughts?

They are pressed in so knocking it out with a hammer shouldn't be a problem unless its rusted really bad. You just want to make sure its not damaging the axle while you are doing it.

"A real" C clamp would probably work, provided you used an appropiate socket for a reciever. Installation would be opposite. I`d say you`d have to take a shoe off maybe? Otherwise Axle out over a socket, on a bench, with a wack of a BFH. have fun

Thanks for the help. BTW is was drivers side rear... Trying to feed the baby and type a quick post (not advised)... Thanks again.

Left side of car has left hand threads, right side has the right hand threads. All mopars have this left/right thread thing until 72.

Whack it hard with a BFH,alway's work's for me.

id say wack hem out, but if you end up like me, you might have to take the wheel cylinder out in order to get it wedged out and back in.

-
Back