Removing master cylinder studs

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
So I'm trying to come up with a creative way to remove and reinstall master cylinder studs without bending the flange more than I have to.

I have a broken stud on my clutch pedal assembly and I am wanting to remove the studs from an auto brake pedal assembly for parts.

Are they pressed in or welded?

Any suggestions

20230903_184835.jpg

20230903_184844.jpg

20230903_184850.jpg

Welded, three spots... Buy new ones rather than destroy a good pedal hanger bracket...

Find a local guy or gal that has a Bridgeport type mill in his garage or basement and have them cut it out. Too bad you don’t live closer.

Last edited:
Find a local guy or gal that has a Bridgeport type mill in his garage or basement and have them cut it off. Too bad you don’t live closer.
McMaster Carr will sell her a pack of 5 for $7.50... Plus probably $7-$8 in shipping, She'll have them by Tuesday.... Why waste time on a Bridgeport? BTW I own a Bridgeport & still don't see it as the tool for the job...

I would take an angle grinder with a cutoff wheel on it and carefully grind the head off down even with the bracket. The rest of the bolt should fall out or need very little persuasion.

McMaster Carr will sell her a pack of 5 for $7.50... Plus probably $7-$8 in shipping, She'll have them by Tuesday.... Why waste time on a Bridgeport? BTW I own a Bridgeport & still don't see it as the tool for the job...
That’s how you get the busted one out without messing up the bracket.

-
Back