Removing oil pan

-

Thrasher

YoungestMemberUALocal7
Reaction score
I'm sure someone here has changed an oil pan gasket on a 72 swinger. I took the drag link, starter and transmission dust plate off but the ******* oil pan just doesn't want to come out. At this point in my project I'm ready to sell this thing as-is and buy an Iroc. LOL. :angry5:

I'm sure someone here has changed an oil pan gasket on a 72 swinger. I took the drag link, starter and transmission dust plate off but the ******* oil pan just doesn't want to come out. At this point in my project I'm ready to sell this thing as-is and buy an Iroc. LOL. :angry5:

Take the nuts off of the motor mounts and raise the front of the motor up with a floor jack and block of wood. Or a engine lift. The pan is more than likely hitting the K-member and front main cap. (Like mine was on my cuda)

I removed the motor mount nuts that go through the k-frame, then jacked up the engine, then placed 1" thick pieces of wood between the motor mount and k-frame, then lowered it back down. Oil pan dropped right out.

You might want to removed your distributor cap and make sure your radiator hoses don't pull on the radiator nipples. You may want to drain radiator and remove the hoses if they don't have enough slack to jack the engine up.

Wow, that is totally ******* unreal. Almost like this motor wasn't meant to be in this car. Thanks for all the advice, I really thought I was the problem here.

-
Back