Removing rear seat... I forgot how to do this

-

SlotCarWon

Reaction score
I need to remove the seat from an early A-body and I can't remember how to do it. I think the bottom cushion is hooked into the floor but I can't remember if I need to press down and pull forward or push towards the rear of the car.

Any help appreciated.

And HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Typically you push down while pushing towards the rear of the car to unhook it from the floor. Some cars (like my 69 fastback) are also bolted to the floor and you have to unbolt and push to release it. What kind of car??

awh man this is probably one of the biggest pain in the a$$ for me, one i small, and not strong and its just annoying, plus u normally find surprises under there, i found crans, cigs, couple mouse houses haha

This can be a real pain in the a$$, in my 66 Valiant there is not much room so I pulled the front bench seat out so I could get at it easier. There are 2 hooks, one near the front corners. Just push down on the front bottom, then push back or smack it with your knee, do this for each side. My seat was very hard to un-hook, I said a few nasty words before I got it popped out! :angry4: :blah5: Just be sure not to pry it loose, you will damage the hook or bend the seat frame! :thumbup:

Thanks for the replys.
It's also a '66 Valiant and it seems pretty tough to move.
I've seen the hooks but just could not remember which way to push.

How do you remove the top (back) of the back bench? I played with it for a couple of minutes, and then figured I'll come in and ask the experts :)

Rear_Seat1.jpg

Drv_Floor1.jpg

Dart_270-3.jpg

Thanks...

-
Back