Removing the entire vent window assembly

-

426hemiswinger

Reaction score
Has anyone removed and replaced the front door vent windows on a 1970 dart swinger or similar makes and years.
I have removed the hold down screws and bolt on the top, the one under the plastic cap on the door and the one inside top under the little rubber cap, it does move but seems to be stuck do I have to remove the window glass also.
I would appreciate some advice or sight I can go one to see a video or pictures on how to remove it.
I have the door off the the car on a table to work better, perhaps it would have been better to leave it on the car????
thanks in advance

I can't see you being able to remove it with the glass still in the door
The glass runs on a slider track that is part of the vent window on one side only looks like it should slide up without removing the window, perhaps it's gaming on the upper bracket, I may have to take the window out?
Anyone else??

definitely you have to take the window out and if its similar to earlier models my vague memory tells me theres an attaching point at the bottom of the window track.

there is a locator stud at the very bottom of the door frame as well. there will be a nut on the bottom edge of the door.

I have removed the hold down screws and bolt on the top, the one under the plastic cap on the door and the one inside top under the little rubber cap, it does move but seems to be stuck do I have to remove the window glass also.

Vent and door glass are removed as an assy and installed in reverse.

Attachments

• vent window.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 924
I am re-installing mine on a 71 Dart Swinger right now...got one side done.. As stated above, the door glass and vent window assembly come out as an assembly. Make sure the door glass is pulled to the top. (but unattached to the window regulator) The part in the rear track will just clear the rear track then. When you pull on the assembly remember it has to come up and back at the same time. About a 45 degree angle. You might want an extra pair of hands for this so you don't drop the door glass.. Any questions feel free to PM me.

Just removed them from my 71 dart and about 4 inches down there is a 1/4 inch hole . Which I had to use a 5/16 allen wrench and loosen a bolt in there , Bingo the whole assembly slid out in one piece

I have removed the entire window and vent window together as a unit without damaging anything need to do both doors,
Thank you thank you to all.
Hi, just reading this thread and wondering if you could provide some detail about removing the window.. What was holding you up? also how you removed the window assembly.

Thanks
AlV

Hi, just reading this thread and wondering if you could provide some detail about removing the window.. What was holding you up? also how you removed the window assembly.

Thanks
AlV
what`s fun is, putting them back that someone else took out, and not knowing if you have all the parts!!!!!!! ask me how I know1 lol--bob:banghead:

what`s fun is, putting them back that someone else took out, and not knowing if you have all the parts!!!!!!! ask me how I know1 lol--bob:banghead:
Oooohhh!!
I have all of the pieces. Would you like me to lay them out an take some pictures for you?

-
Back