removing white square glides from window track?

-

northeastmopar

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have two new white nylon square glides for my 72 demon window. These appear to be installed in a lower horizontal metal track but they also appear to be peened over so as to lock them into the track. My new ones seem to have a metal stud of sorts which appear to be a smaller diameter than what I see on the original peened over piece. Am I to assume that in order to change these glides I need to grind off the peened stud and insert my new glide in the track and then somehow peen over the new stud?

I have two new white nylon square glides for my 72 demon window. These appear to be installed in a lower horizontal metal track but they also appear to be peened over so as to lock them into the track. My new ones seem to have a metal stud of sorts which appear to be a smaller diameter than what I see on the original peened over piece. Am I to assume that in order to change these glides I need to grind off the peened stud and insert my new glide in the track and then somehow peen over the new stud?

Nobody has done these. They are two square nylon glides that go in the window regulator. How do I remove the old ones. Are they peened over??

-
Back