removing wiring

-

74valiant

Reaction score
im getting my valiant painted. im almost done removing the engine harness, but ran into a snag. the plug thats on the firewall (not the bulkhead plugs) has one or two wires coming from it going into the interior. i assumed i could disconnect the wiring on the inside and pull it through to the engine bay, but one of the plugs thats attached inside wont fit through the 1 inch hole. the only other way i can see to do this is by disconnecting the single wires from the harness plug. i tried wiggling it out with no luck. who knows how to remove wires from the harness plug?? any other ways to get this out???

thanks for the help jason

I don't know why they did that, one's for the blower motor and the others for the ac, my scamp's the same way, I took the ac plug apart on mine.

I am assuming your are referring to Packard Connectors. The female connector has a tang (non pun intended) that needs to be depressed with a screw driver and pulled out of the connector. The male side as a tang as well that will can be pushed in the you pull the wire out of the conenctor.

Attachments

• 56SERIES.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 121
-
Back