Renewing '65 Barracuda Front Turn Signals/Parking Lamps?

-

dibbons

Reaction score
I need to renew these things and have a few questions:

a) Is it satisfactory to use silicone in place of the factory rubber gasket that seals the lens?

c) Is the bulb changed only from the front and is the socket "permanently" attached at the rear? Hey, look at the photo, that's the correct 1034 "painted" bulb (I hope it still works)!

b) Is there a way to renew/strengthen a lens that has "spider web" fissures/cracks? Thank you.

P.S. In the last photo the lens is sitting atop a package of paper plates, not a torque convertor.

Screen Shot 2021-10-02 at 4.04.01 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-02 at 4.04.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-02 at 4.04.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-02 at 4.04.25 PM.png

Last edited:
You are dealing with what is called "crazing." I have used this process on other types of clear plastic lenses. Get a micro-mesh kit and follow the directions. You may not have to go all the way to the finest grit, but regardless, after you are satisfied with the way they look, spray them with some quality automotive clear-kote. I have even buffed clear plastic with some 600 wet and dry, cleaned the plastic real good with soap and water, after making sure it was thoroughly dry, sprayed it with clear-kote. The transformation is remarkable.
Micro-Mesh Windshield Restoral Kit - MyPilotStore.com

-
Back