Reno Swap Meet in Sac 8/2/09

-
Let me know. Phyllis and the Grass Valley group are coming down and we are going to have lunch in the parking lot again (although I don't think we are going to BBQ like last year). More like sandwiches, potatoe salad, chips, cold drinks, etc.

BTW: I am thinking this year is going to be a hell of lot bigger than last year since everyone now knows where it is being held since the move.

I was there selling with my Ford buddies and I have to say I was not impressed with the lack of signage out on the street telling people where to go. What a cluster $*#@! Every meet you go to there are plenty of people directing traffic and keeping things in order but not this one. Anyway, we got there and I was able to pay for my trip and then some so it was all good! Not much in the way of MoPar stuff - as usual.

I got lucky and picked up a box of valiant/barracuda parts. Picked up the box for a few of the trinkets in the bottom that I needed.

i didnt see you there travis. actually i didnt see much mopar stuff either. hey thegreenslime is that you alex?

I was there at 6 and gone by 10. Had to take the family to raging waters, oh how my arm was twisted.

I was there selling with my Ford buddies and I have to say I was not impressed with the lack of signage out on the street telling people where to go. What a cluster $*#@! Every meet you go to there are plenty of people directing traffic and keeping things in order but not this one. Anyway, we got there and I was able to pay for my trip and then some so it was all good! Not much in the way of MoPar stuff - as usual.

Alex, too bad we didn't see you there. As for the signage, I thought it was adequate. When I pulled in, I saw signs for sellers one way and spectators the other way. They even let me drive in to pick up a purchase. For it's second year at this location, I was quite impressed. It looked ot be about 30%-35% larger than last year. Re: Mopar sellers. I saw a bit of parts here and there but there was only one space that had all Mopar stuff towards the back of the swaps. We're going to change that next year as we are going to get a couple of spots.

I got lucky and picked up a box of valiant/barracuda parts. Picked up the box for a few of the trinkets in the bottom that I needed.

Travis, I was hoping to run into you there. I got there a little before 7am and stayed until 1:30pm or so. Didn't you cut out early last year as well to go to Raging Waters? BTW: Did you pick up that box from a younger kid with an older Ford truck in his space?

left early last year due to lack of $$ and other engagements. Plus I had only learned about it a few days before if I remember correctly.

I picked up the parts from a older lowrider kinda guy. It was cheaper to buy the box than the 3 pieces that I wanted in it. So i'll post up the extras soon.

I haven't been around much due to going thru a divorce.. yeehaw

left early last year due to lack of $$ and other engagements. Plus I had only learned about it a few days before if I remember correctly.

I picked up the parts from a older lowrider kinda guy. It was cheaper to buy the box than the 3 pieces that I wanted in it. So i'll post up the extras soon.

I haven't been around much due to going thru a divorce.. yeehaw

Sorry to hear that Travis. Let's plan on grabbing a beer next time one of us is in the other's neck of the woods.

I need to hit this one next year ..
the han swap in reno this year was about 40% smaller than usual (just a guess on percentage no actual numbers to compare)..

i`ve been going to the Reno (actual Reno) swap meet for about the last ten years, the last five where getting smaller each time with a lot of china crap coming in and poeple selling non automotive crap, now I`m glad John Sweeny broke free from reno and started it at Arco arena, It was all the politics ( reno making more money) that was letting in all the other stuff in against everybodys wishes, this time at Arco Arena from last year had doubled in size, they expect it to grow again next year by half.

-
Back