repair/axle saver bearings?

-

DartorDemon

Banned
Reaction score
Has anyone used these before? Yesterday a shop found that one of my axles is too worn on to be re-used with the standard style axle bearing. From my understanding, the repair bearing just moves the bearing to a different riding surface.

goods/bads??

..........We put them on quite often as lots of times u cant readily get an axle ......there is nothing wrong with using the repair bearing, its a good alternaltive fix.............and cost effective............kim........

I haven't used them but I have seen them but it's the same principal as what I used to do on some old Clark forklifts I used to work on. They were notorious for wearing a groove on the axle where the seal rode. There was room to drive in a 2nd seal up against the original and it rode on a different spot on the axle and it always cured the problem.

well, i installed a set of axle saver bearings earlier today so we'll see how it goes. From what i can tell it looks to have really minimized the play compared to how it was before. Hopefully it holds up. I should have it in the car next week(if i can find the free time)

-
Back