Repair Manuals- Good and Bad

-

WyKev

Reaction score
I'm finally getting to the point that I need some specs and procedures for my Dart and 340 etc.

What manuals have you found helpful (or not) and where can they be found? Amazon has everything but I like to support smaller business's if possible.

1970 Factory Service Manual for Plymouth passenger cars (got it for my 1970 Duster). Nothing beats it as far as accuracy and detail in repairs. Got a CD with a .pdf file of the whole manual off some eBay store for about $25.

1970 Factory Service Manual for Plymouth passenger cars (got it for my 1970 Duster). Nothing beats it as far as accuracy and detail in repairs. Got a CD with a .pdf file of the whole manual off some eBay store for about $25.

I second that. I've gotten the printed version off Ebay. Details are the key! Chilton's etc., are too vague.

Chiltons = A joke.
Haynes = Not even a funny joke.

I have several 50's, 60's 70's Motors manuals which cover all makes. They have tables of specs covering several years, and some special procedures. They are written for a professional mechanic and assume you more or less know what you are doing. However, they are a great resource and I highly recommend you snag a couple if you see them cheap.

I also agree. The only aftermarket manuals that were any good at all were Motors manuals and they went out of business long time ago. So that leaves finding one of them used or the factory service manual. Even though the Motors Manual was good it still isn't as good as a factory serv. manual.

alot of good info in the chassis book small block or big book what ever you have . the bibles of mopar :toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:

Thanks Guys, time to go shopping for a present for myself. :-D

-
Back