Repair Sleeve for A833

-

Detroit Iron

Reaction score
Hello hello. I'm looking for anyone who has installed an input shaft repair sleeve on a 4-speed. You know, the one to keep the front seal from spewing gear oil all over my Center Force clutch. I've been to the local parts houses and what they come up with is incorrect. Being an ex parts man myself, I got into the National catalog and didn't see a listing.

So, I went online to the National/Federal Mogul website and that showed no listing. I checked the Mopar Performance catalog... nothing.

I'm really baffled. I figured an input shaft repair sleeve for a 1968 Mopar 4-speed would be a simple item to find. If anyone has a brand and part number, I'd really appreciate it.

Todd,

Hi!

Regarding your 833, 90% of your oil issue is leaking from the lower cluster counter shaft. The common fix is to silicone closed the countershaft at the front face of the transmission (where it mates to the bellhousing).

We've been working on these transmissions for 25+ years, so if you have any questions, please feel free to call 207-342-2704.

Hope this helps. :thumbup:

Bob
Outrageously Vintage, Inc.

-
Back