Replace Grille 70 - 72 Duster/Valiant

-

72_Duster

Reaction score
New member here. Looking for step by step instructions on removal and installation of a grille on a 1970 - 72 Duster/Valiant. Have been unsuccessful finding any information, video or tutorial. Thanks in advance.

:welcome:Hi and welcome go to Mymopar.com and download a service manual for your model. There all there for free. Good luck with your project:thumbsup:

With only the lower support installed slip the grille with the lower clips in that are on the grille into the support . Trying to put it in with upper and lower supports installed can cause a paint chip or grille crack

install it with the upper support attached to the grille with the two center upper plastic fasteners . I find this the easiest. I will be putting another in shortly. I will take pictures and post them if you don't get yours in before I do.

Also I fit the parts and remove them and paint them separately. I will be doing the brown car any day now.

Removal is very easy using a P.O. box as seen in the pictures. LOL

19.jpg

dus2.jpg

DSCN2764.JPG

DSCN1336.JPG

Remove 4 screws on each headlight grille bezels...then remove the 4 plastic button head inserts that retain the grille to header panel...then depress the 5 grille prongs in the bottom of grille that pertrude into the valance panel below grille...unsnap the pigtails for both parking lights....its out..good luck

Remember tilting the grille front to get the upper support from under the grille tabs will sometimes break the lower plastic separators next to the five lower tabs if it is an older brittle grill. So removing the 4 upper grill support bolts lets you pull it straight up. There is no science to it just common sense.

-
Back