Replaced heating core and now no heat

-

Wicked72ride

Reaction score
I recently replaced the heater core in my 72 Dart Swinger, and now I have no heat. It also only blows through the defrost whether I select heat, defrost or a/c. I have also lost the ability to select heat or cool from the temperature slider. I have to manually twist the pivot point behind the glove box. I had a broken vacuum line tee that went to the carb which I have replaced. I am lost for answers.

Any input would help.

Thanks in advance - Jason

Defrost is the default position for plenum doors on just about everything made. Vacuum or lack of it is your problem.

why do you need a heater?????????????????

Attachments

• demonengine.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 123
alot of times I found guys are pushing the buttons in an a/c car to hard and push the back away from the selector switch.. I have seen this on several cars that we worked on. Take the switch out and you will see the back push away when actuating it. If it does it is not nessarily shot. I have fixed many. Auto zone has a tw part glue for plastic only. drys in 5 min. While you are holding the back against spread the glue around the edge. once it is dry it should stay stable and be stronger then factory. This switch was used for several years up through the 90's and is a common proplem. It will only will be used on an A/C car . but sinse you mentioned vacuum I am assuming it is. Steve

alot of times I found guys are pushing the buttons in an a/c car to hard and push the back away from the selector switch.. I have seen this on several cars that we worked on. Take the switch out and you will see the back push away when actuating it. If it does it is not nessarily shot. I have fixed many. Auto zone has a tw part glue for plastic only. drys in 5 min. While you are holding the back against spread the glue around the edge. once it is dry it should stay stable and be stronger then factory. This switch was used for several years up through the 90's and is a common proplem. It will only will be used on an A/C car . but sinse you mentioned vacuum I am assuming it is. Steve

I will pull it out and inspect it. Thanks for the tip

-
Back