Replacement 2 speed wiper motors

-

Kern Dog

Build your car to handle.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am interested in hearing from members that have installed NEW 2 speed windshield wiper motors. The one in my '70 Charger was moving slow and then stopped working. I had a nice looking one in the parts shed so I tried that one. The motor makes noise like it is working but the wiper linkage doesn't move. I'm guessing that something is broken inside.
Rock Auto lists a couple of options but I prefer to buy locally.

2 speed 4.jpg
2 speed 1.jpg

This one below doesn't show the resistor that the others have. I'm guessing that you're supposed to swap the old one over?

1968-1970 Dodge Charger Windshield Wiper Motor - Front - A1 Cardone 40-350
Review Fitment Notes to Ensure Proper Fit
a1_cardone.gif

14537-05002898-1030553.jpg
Click to Enlarge

(1 Reviews)
5 Stars
Our List Price:$63.43

Core Price [?]: $25.70
Quantity:
ys.gif

In Stock
Position: Front
Availability: (51) In Stock
Condition: Remanufactured
Shipping Options: Ground
Part Number: 40-350
Brand: A1 Cardone
Notes: Windshield Wiper Motor -- with 2 Speed Wipers; Motor without Washer Pump
Contents Wiper Motor; Instruction Manual
Product Condition Remanufactured
Features:
  • As a remanufactured Original Equipment part, this unit guarantees a perfect vehicle fit.
  • Each unit has its main components tested or gauged against the O.E. standard. [Armature, Field, Bearing, Parking switch, or pulse board] - Then the final product is tested for each of its functions on the vehicle.
  • Every motor bearing is re-impregnated or replaced as needed.
  • Lubrication is applied to the output gear to provide maximum load capacity and long life.
  • Motor magnets are 100% recharged for performance and reliability.
  • Our remanufacturing process is earth-friendly, as it reduces the energy and raw material needed to make a new part by 80%.
  • Weak solder points are 100% reflowed to extend life expectancy

This Part Fits: Catalog: B
Vehicle
1968 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger
1970 Dodge Charger

Really? Millions of Mopars built and equipped with these and nobody has ever replaced a wiper motor?

Strange report....
I took a clean spare 2 speed motor that I had in the shed and tested it...It worked so I installed it....It made noise but wouldn't move the wiper linkage. It spun when under no load but with the linkage connected, it wouldn't move.
The original would start to move but then it would stop with the wipers pointing straight up.
I took the original and replaced the resistor, sandblasted and painted the motor and tested it. Now it works fine.
Who the heck knows what was wrong....Maybe a poor wire connection before, maybe the resistor was bad, I just don't know.
It is working now though so I'm calling it "fixed".

2 speed 5.jpg

-
Back