Replacement hood signal light? 69 Barracuda

-

KidBlue

Reaction score
I've been searching for a replacement for the hood-mounted light on my 1969 Barracuda. One side works and they both get power, so I think I just need the actual light. It's an integrated, complete unit, not just a bulb, but the whole piece.
Any leads?
Thanks
Noah

Attachments

• image.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 183
It's the ground. It's always the ground. Unless it's not. Try cleaning the ground and make sure it has good contact before you do anything.

Thanks for the tip. I actually just had the car with an electrician who cleaned the contacts on both sides. The passenger side came back but the driver's didn't. Both sides get power at the piece, just one doesn't light up. He seemed convinced it was the piece itself, although he also seemed to think the bulb itself wasn't replaceable and upon a little research, it seems like they might be?

These, believe it or not unscrew from the bottom to replace the bulb.
The knurled round part, on the underside. It is a fine thread, tiny stuff and rots- rusts and everything else. But they do unscrew for bulb replacement.
I found this out when I took mine apart and had the tops re-chromed....That was fun :p

The bulb looks like this and the harness unscrews as already mentioned.

330 part number.

if you dont mind. a small history note. the 66 charger did not have one. but 67 charger did.

Incredible. My electrician (who replaced a column switch for the blinkers to begin with) was swearing up and down that the entire piece was integrated and there wasn't a replacement bulb available, just the entire piece itself.
It goes to show us what a fantastic resource this forum is and how helpful it is to have person information and the patience of other owners.

The bulb looks like this and the harness unscrews as already mentioned.

330 part number.

Incredible. My electrician (who replaced a column switch for the blinkers to begin with) was swearing up and down that the entire piece was integrated and there wasn't a replacement bulb available, just the entire piece itself.
It goes to show us what a fantastic resource this forum is and how helpful it is to have person information and the patience of other owners.

Awesome...

I know that pic is not the same assembly as yours cause there like mine but they still use the same bulb!

Now just say a prayer that on the driver's side is actually is a spent bulb and not the whole unit! It does get power, at least along the wire leading to it, so there is a lot of hope.

Thanks again!

If the bulb checks out good and you have power and you have a good ground check the bulb contact itself. I sometimes take the bulb and add a blob of solder to the center connector so it has a better chance of making a connection. Add liberal amounts of WD-40 to the whole mess too. I find they usually last about a year before I had to mess with them again.

-
Back