Replacement radiator that works with factory fan shroud????

-

Reaction score
Has any one found a replacement radiator that will work with the factory fan shroud on an early A? Looks like the US radiator has mounts on the side for the shroud, but the look to be just holes, and not made for the caged nuts.

Thanks for any input!

The '64-down ring-style shroud bolts to the radiator support panel. The '65-up box-style shroud attaches to the radiator with four brackets that require correctly-located slots and captive nuts. As far as I know, no mass-produced aftermarket radiator is configured to accept the box-style shroud. I am reasonably certain that this guy can make you a radiator that will accept the shroud, if you send him your original radiator with shroud and brackets; contact him and ask.

The Wizard Radiator will work with a factory shroud on my 68, HOWEVER since the top tank is square and flat against the coil, and the factory radiator has an overhang on the top tank, you will have a gap across the top between the shroud and the radiator.

They build custom radiators also. You could send them your shroud and factory radiator and I bet they will build one that will work.

Thanks Dan! Boy you are johnny on the spot tonight! LOL

I will keep it in mind. His work looks great! If I can make it till winter I will do that. I just can not go with out my radiator and shroud now that show season is hear. The weather is just to darn nice!

The '64-down ring-style shroud bolts to the radiator support panel. The '65-up box-style shroud attaches to the radiator with four brackets that require correctly-located slots and captive nuts. As far as I know, no mass-produced aftermarket radiator is configured to accept the box-style shroud. I am reasonably certain that this guy can make you a radiator that will accept the shroud, if you send him your original radiator with shroud and brackets; contact him and ask.

Looks to me they have the spots on the side for the brackets. I might have to make some a little deferent to fit just right, but looks like the shroud should work.

Attachments

• 035245_sv.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 112
-
Back