Replacement tank, 70 Duster

-

dddDuster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
It’s time to replace my fuel tank, just one question. The tank in the car has no vent ports, the tanks shown in all the books have 4 vent ports no doubt for the ECS system that was used in some of our cars that year. Can I just go that way and plug them? Or am I missing something?
@slantsixdan no doubt knows. I was going to tie the factory dump it on the ground tube to one of the 4 then use another one for the charcoal canister setup Dan describes, but just want everyone opinion first!

There are 3 tanks available for our cars. no vent (1970), 4 vents (1971 ecs), 1 vent (1972 +). Your vent is in in the upper portion of the fill tube, so you need the tank with no vent. Don't get a 4 vent unit and plug them......It will look goofy.:)

CFD244 is almost completely right. What he calls the 1971 ECS tank is actually the 1971 50-states-and-Canada + 1970-California ECS tank. Read up on the subject here.

That looks like the one to me. I actually needed the 4 line tank for my '71, but I got a free non vented tank so I'll be using that with a 70 filler tube.

-
Back