Replacing a crank shaft questions

-
good choices
Those HL lobes are later and should be smoother than the xl lobes which come down sorta hard
comp tried to improve on UDHarolds lobes to match the ones he did at Ultradyne
they have never matched the later UDHarold lobes done as the Lunati Voodoo Lobes much less the lobes he did later that were aquired by Howard
That said I would not use 106 0n a street build
Howard has other grinds as do Lunati for shelf grinds

Update:

The SCAT 48005BI is actually the forged version of their 340 offerings in a 3.58 stroke. That's the direction I went.
Also, that balanced kit comes with pistons for a 4.070" bore, so if yours has been bored previously, you will want to make arrangements for bigger pistons. No big deal but in my case the financials actually favored re- sleeving the block.
I'm still $3500 ahead of a modestly priced crate motor (so far). If anyone else is keeping score!

Update:

The SCAT 48005BI is actually the forged version of their 340 offerings in a 3.58 stroke. That's the direction I went.
Also, that balanced kit comes with pistons for a 4.070" bore, so if yours has been bored previously, you will want to make arrangements for bigger pistons. No big deal but in my case the financials actually favored re- sleeving the block.
I'm still $3500 ahead of a modestly priced crate motor (so far). If anyone else is keeping score!
nice , i always go forged be it pistons or crank , people say i'm crazy not needed cast crank and hyperdodo pistons are good enough , well maybe , so far have yet to have piston or crank problems in over 20 years of beating the crap out of my cars , with todays gas imakes sense to go forged pistons , had a few times where the gas was crap and pinged like crazy maybe the cast hyper pistons would be fine , i'd rather not find out . i like to build once properly .
good luck with your car hope it is al you expect

-
Back