Replacing Gas Tank with Fuel Cell 1975 Dodge Dart

-

JTNorton

Reaction score
Okay, so for the purpose of details, the car in question is a 1975 Dart, with the /6, automatic (less than 94k miles on it too!)
I got it running, but the trunk rotted out where the mounts for the gas tank would go. I said "screw it" and cut out the trunk, bought a fuel cell, and spent 3 days running around looking for adapters.

I want to know what size the fuel line is for the inlet on the pump. I got told it was -4, so I bought adapters to have the fuel cell outlets go from -10 to -4, and 8 feet of -4 line. I cant find ANYTHING anywhere describing the size of the lines.

Please tell me I didnt just spend a bunch of money to get the wrong stuff.

If not, and Im good, anybody have suggestions to make this process easier? Or helpful tips? Because Ive been working on alot of assumptions (based on some mechanical experience), but havent really found any wealth of knowledge on these cars.

My plan is to weld the sheetmetal to the frame (the same way the trunk panels are), mount the fuel cell (I have three 1"x1" steel braces, as well), put my adapters on the cell, and then just run the line to the pump and call it good. If I need anything else, itd be nice to know now.

20180329_122034.jpg

received_1522690214507963.jpeg

it's ether 5/16 or 3/8 fuel line probably 5/16 depending on how much fuel you want to deliver and what motor your running small block 5/16 big block 3/8 and with it being newer than 71 should have a return line or vent line

with it being newer than 71 should have a return line or vent line

Thank you!

Yes, it did have a vent line. How necessary is that with a fuel cell that has vent outlet on the top?
The original line ran from the side of the original tank to the gas 'fill tube' (i dont know the word for it, but its the tube that goes from your gas cap to the gas tank itself.)

Again, thank you.

-
Back